1. When you join the Gospel to idols the result invariably resembles the idols more than the Gospel!
2. Happiness is fleeting and fragile because it’s circumstantial. It requires the full cooperation of a world that’s rarely cooperative!
3. Holiness is a secure condition of spiritual completion.
4. In matters of faith you can be complete without being perfected. (2 Corinthians 7:1)
5. At conversion God makes us holy; He provides everything needed for us to be fully human. (Ephesians 1:3; 2 Peter 1:3)
6. Understanding is necessary for the perfection of what I already possess.
7. Understanding often comes on the heels of pain and disappointment.
8. The wounds of a friend are faithful. (Proverbs 27:6)
9. God’s liberating work often begins with persistent pain!
10. The voices God uses to invite us to holiness often upset us.
11. Holiness isn’t being right about everything; it’s being right with God.
12. God doesn’t use empty promises to encourage counterfeit happiness! He uses pain to birth holiness.