1. The choice to trust God can’t be taken from God’s people – no matter where we find ourselves, what’s been done to us, what’s being asked of us, or what we’re being tempted to accept.
2. God can help us understand things contrary to our faith. (Acts 7:22)
3. We’re called to communicate God’s truth to cultures and people who’ve adopted another “truth.” (Matthew 28:19,20)
4. We can learn what a culture believes without believing everything it assumes.
5. Effective witnesses listen to God’s Word to better obey it and listen to the world to better communicate God’s Word to it.
6. Service to government can be service to God. (Romans 13:1,2)
7. “God rules the world. And Christians, if they are to be the light of the world, must be more than altar candles shining in church buildings.” [Christopher Wright]
8. Our identity is established by God - not the labels placed on us by the world!
9. The future has a way of affirming the sometimes-surprising choices God leads us to make!
10. God’s people are never truly victims; we’re servants on assignment.