1. Jonah isn’t the tale of a great fish that attempted to digest a rebellious prophet! It’s the tale of a great God answering a righteous prophet who struggled to digest His will. 2. When we’re struggling with God’s will, He gives us time to hear His heart. 3. God has no favorites. He cares deeply for all people in spiritual jeopardy, including those who pose a threat to His people.
4. We should never write off anyone as being beyond God’s grace!
5. When God wants to use us to reach those outside His Kingdom He often calls us to do things that don’t feel right to us.
6. Deep struggles with God indicate deep devotion to God! 7. God offers grace to those who don’t know Him and those who do! 8. Past struggles don’t prohibit future success. 9. When we struggle, God will move heaven and earth to nudge us back to the right path. 10. Aligning our desires with God’s desires is always a process.
11. God wanted Jonah’s obedienceand his heart. He wants ours as well.
12. Our struggles with God’s will aren’t betrayals of God’s love. They’re reminders of why we need to trust Him.