1. The way God organizes His Word reveals a great deal about His intended message.
2. History reveals how God protected His people in the past. Prophesy reveals how God will protect His people in the future. Together they help us trust God in the present.
3. Believers living in a corrupt culture need assurance God is still with them and for them and powerful enough to keep them.
4. Believers living in a corrupt culture need assurance God is still in control of history.
5. God provides everything we need to keep our faith in adverse cultural settings.
6. To admit God’s existence, power, and sovereignty is to admit humanity’s arrogance, rebellion and inadequacy.
7. After all is said and done, what God has said will be done!
8. God’s people weren’t in a permanent predicament because God had forsaken them. They were in a temporary predicament because God had been faithful to them – and the world.
9. God became the God of Israel so He could reveal Himself as God of the earth.
10. A loving and faithful God disciplines those He loves. (Hebrews 12:6)