1. In God’s Kingdom opportunities don’t translate into ministry until they’re joined to generosity.
2. God’s ministry to us began in His generosity! (2 Corinthians 8:9)
3. Affluence can easily compromise generosity and commitment.
4. Selfishness isn’t defeated by guilt. It’s defeated by heart-changing truth - specifically the truth about grace.
5. Guilt is a demonic counterfeit of grace! It may motivate giving for a season, but it won’t sustain giving over the long haul! And it doesn’t honor God!
6. Giving that honors God flows out of the Spirit - not emotional reactions to appeals or pressure.
7. Guilt, lies, formulas, and manipulation are totally inappropriate for a love relationship.
8. Grace-motivated giving is both voluntary and cheerful!
9. Giving can’t be commanded; it can only be commended as evidence of love. (2 Corinthians 8:8)
10. Grace-motivated giving produces life in others.