1. Justice is the means “to make right.”
2. Part 1: The word justice is punitive. When someone is doing something illegal and/or morally wrong, they should be held accountable.
3. You are to have the same law for the foreigner and the native-born. I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 24:22
4. Part 2: The word justice is a relational term. It means living in right relationship with God and one another.
5. The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. - Luke 4:18-19
6. Jesus’ Mission: To preach the good news to the spiritually poor whom Satan has imprisoned and deceived, and to begin the process of freeing them from the oppression of sin (Luke 19:10).
7. He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. - Micah 6:8
8. Worship without justice dishonors God (Isaiah 1:10-20).
9. I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban. I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame. I was a father to the needy; I took up the case of the stranger. - Job 29:14-16
10. Jesus knew the purpose of His mission was not to deliver judgment, but to ‘provide a ransom for many'. (Mark 10:45).