1. Humanity is plagued by fear.
2. Fear is the inevitable consequence and continuing legacy of sin.
3. Fear is one of Satan’s most effective weapons. It leads unbelievers to avoid God’s transforming presence and leads believers to doubt God’s transforming promises.
4. Fear is first and foremost an attitude - not an outcome. It’s a negative way of evaluating things - not a final reality.
5.Jesus’ incarnation affirmed God’s stubborn dedication to our ultimate restoration.
6. In Jesus’ birth God overcame the worst Satan and the world could do. Having done so, He can easily do it again in you! (Romans 8:38-39)
7. You have to be born into God’s family. (John 3:3-8)
8. Jesus’ incarnation not only meant it’s possible for us to become God’s children; it also means the final destiny of those who’ve been born again is guaranteed!
9. Our failures aren’t final; God’s promises are. (C.S. Lewis)
10. A life lived in fear is a life half-lived. (Proverbs 12:25)
11. God became one of us without ceasing to be Himself so we could become one with Him and cease to live under the tyranny of fear.