1. God is sovereign over the affairs of nations - and human history. [Jeremiah 18:7-10,Daniel 2:21]
2. It’s one thing to sin in ignorance of grace; another to reject grace after witnessing it.
3. God’s patience is an expression of His compassion – not His permission! [2 Peter 3:9]
4. God’s goodness forgives sin in response to repentance but judges sin in the face of rebellion.
5. God’s heart is best known by believing Scripture - not rejecting it.
6. It isn’t God Who’s been tried and found wanting; it’s humanity.
7. God has always been uncompromising toward sin and compassionate toward those who repent.
8. God’s anger toward things that dehumanize us is a reminder that beings created in His image have significance.
9. God’s anger and punishment don’t contradict His goodness’ they complement it.
10. It was the good anger of God that produced the cross!
11. If God didn’t punish guilt the world would have no hope.