1. As long as we live God’s people can increase in the wisdom that increases abundant living!
2. Time alone doesn't guarantee wisdom; it may only serve to increase foolishness.
3. Those who refuse godly wisdom settle for ungodly addictions. And the worst addiction of all is our addiction to pride.
4. Wisdom is the ability to live in conformity with God’s revealed truth. It begins with knowledge of that truth and ends with the application of it.
5. Human arrogance places final authority in human feelings rather than God’s revelation.
6. The foundation of wisdom is the recognition of God and reverence for Him (Proverbs 9:10).
7. Wisdom begins in wonder - and grows in worship.
8. Wisdom is given to those who ask (James 1:5) - because asking brings focus.
9. Wisdom is acquired by studying God’s Word (Proverbs 2:6).
10. Truth that isn’t known and truth that’s known but not applied are both barriers to wisdom.
11. Foolishness and addiction live in the moment. Wisdom takes the long view of reality and applies it in the moment.
12. The grace of God that removes our penalty doesn’t remove our responsibility!