1. Jesus and the woman went back and forth and the woman tried to control the conversation.
2. The woman believed she possessed correctdoctrine and wanted to prove it to Jesus.
3. She appealed to her spiritualheritage in addition to her correct doctrine.
4. Because of her preconceived notions, she could not comprehend what Jesus was saying.
5. Therefore, Jesus led her to the most important aspect of worship: the truth about her spiritual condition. The woman was confronted with the necessity for internal truth as well as doctrinal correctness.
6. As a last resort, she tried to sidetrack Jesus with a religious strategy.
7. The woman’s tactics and her honesty did not disqualify her from Jesus revealing Himself to her.
Point to Remember:
God requires those who worship Him to pursue and then walk in two kinds of truth.