1. Hosea didn’t suffer because he was a fool; he suffered because he was faithful. He willingly accepted personal anguish as part of his divine assignment.
2. Sin usually starts small and then grows.
3. If you live as if other pursuits are more important than God they will eventually become more important than God!
4. When attention to God decreases the likelihood of idolatry increases.
5. As God fades in importance things inferior to God become more important.
6. Those who refuse God’s grace choose God’s judgment, because God’s judgment is simply His releasing the consequences of our choices.
7. God’s ultimatums are proof of His love.
8. Ultimately it isn’t God who orders drastic measures; it’s us!
9. It’s idolatry that’s truly bizarre!
10. God’s love doesn’t act according to logic. It acts according to His nature. And His nature is love.