1. We’re all prone to react to appearances rather than act on God’s promises. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
2. As created beings we only see the outside of things and the moments before us and behind us. We can’t see the inside of things and the moments that lie ahead of us.
3. Left to ourselves, we aren’t equipped to determine who or what is worthy of our trust.
4. God hasn’t left us entirely to ourselves! He speaks truth to those willing to hear Him.
5. Misplaced trust ultimately gives access to evil.
6. When we trust something other than God the ally that came to help stays to conquer.
7. Idols appear as helpers but eventually prove to be rulers who demand everything.
8. To trust something other than God is to essentially forsake God. And when we forsake God we lose our freedom.
9. God often works quietly while the world shouts; and we're prone to seek help where the volume is loudest!
10. Substitutes for God eventually destroy everything they provide.
11. When we misplace our trust, God doesn’t misplace His heart!
12. When we misplace our trust, God doesn’t misplace His heart. He lovingly puts us in our place!